Skip to main content

An Encounter with Faith

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I've been away. I was a little bit messed up, little bit busy and a little bit confused lately. There are multiple reasons I can list down but none of them, can be called : "okay, that's the one i'm upset about''. 

I suppose all of us have been through this phase. You just don't know what's happening around. You have nothing which makes you smile and neither do you have anything to cry for. But you feel the void over everything. You start being a pessimist and eventually hating your life.Worst part of it is that you know you're wrong but you cannot help it. This feeling, neither has any definition, nor a solution.

Let me tell you one interesting story.


Once upon a time, there was a sage and his student.
Once the sage asked him to cross a river and go to the other side but the student wasn't ready to go in as he couldn't swim. But he had deep faith in his teacher. He spoke to the sage about his problem and the sage wrote him a chant on a piece of paper and assured him that he won't drown and reach the other bank safely ; on the precondition of carrying that piece of paper with him.

He did what he was directed and started to swim. As he came very close to the bank, he started thinking,'' What could possibly be written on that paper that a novice like me, swam so easily?''
He opened the paper and it read ''RAM''.
As soon as he read 'RAM' , he thought, ''  What's the big deal in this? Even I know that!'' and started to lose his concentration, as well as his faith in the teacher.
Eventually he started drowning. He was eventually saved by some local fishermen.


This story makes me remember the great saying from 'Bhagwat Gita'

“The power of God is with you at all times; through the activities of mind, senses, breathing, and emotions; and is constantly doing all the work using you as a mere instrument.”


I am not a guy who is a staunch follower of his religion or the one who goes to the temple every week. There are hardly a few people of our age who do that! This has deprived our faith in god. We keep complaining about our lives to god but hardly do we realize that he is more than just a complain box.
We all talk about making our own destiny and our disbelief in ''GOD HAS PLANNED EVERYTHING FOR US''  and that has taken us way far from the reality. 


The main goal of all our lives is to stay happy and satisfied which seems so vague and distant, looking at the stress we all put ourselves in for material happiness. 

I had the same feeling of disorientation when my instinct, I don't know why, asked me to go to a temple.

I went in and was impressed by the multitude in there! They all were, apparently talking to god. Seeing them, I thought of giving it a hand. But I never could. I got speechless the moment I looked into the idol's eyes. It was like I was seeing Lord Krishna, in person. I was so mesmerized by the beauty in his eyes that for half an hour, I kept looking at it ; smiling.


As soon as I started to leave, I lost control over my eyes. They kept racing for the last sight of Krishna's eyes.

I soon realized that my mind had been cleared and I'm no longer feeling lost. I'm still smiling and writing this article.





So I want all of you, to go find some time and have a candid chat with GOD. Be it Rama, Christ or Mohammed.  Let down that ego of yours and just go.


Have some faith in God, always. He has his best planned for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 days which changed my life

vedang96@gmail.com It was sometime around August when i learned that I've been selected ; Yessssssss! Selected and won  a scholarship to Japan. Blood was running in my veins at the speed of a Japanese bullet train. So here is how all this happened. Scene 1 : I knew about AFS since long. Its a non-profitable organization promoting world peace and friendship which sends, every year, Indian students to countries like the USA, France, Japan, Germany and Italy. It also hosts foreign students from these countries and helps these students get an idea of the Indian culture. Thus, every exchange student learns a lot about the country he/she is staying in and tells his/her fellows about his/her own country. I have friends who went to one or the other country for 10 or  6 or 1 month(s) exchange programs. One of them also went for 15 days short term program to Japan. All of them; Changed; Before and after; Huge change in their personalities; Definitely positive. So, ...

Education- The only solution.

Every week I hear or read about a girl raped in some remote part of the country. Which is followed by people protesting in front of the parliament house or any other place for justice. After few days, the government, under political pressure, will make promises or commitments to the country which are a complete hokum. Talking about a recent incident, a 5 year old girl was raped in New Delhi by a somewhat 22 year old guy. The sentence itself is horrifying! Touch-wood the girl is out of danger now. This is just a case that has been reported. There are numerous other cases of sexual harassment which aren't even brought up due to some orthodox mentality of people. The question ahead of us is 'WHY?' The answer is sex-education. Yes. Remember last time you were watching TV with your family and just then a 'condom' commercial poped up and the whole family starts searching for the remote control ; embarrassed. Unlike west, sex is a totally alien thin...

And there she was...again

(Part 2) This chapter has been written by my friend Drashti Wani. Thank you so much Drashti for this. I had no idea this can be lead somewhere. Now I'm working to the third and the final installment. to view the first chapter click here. “I am sorry I am late”, she busted out, for a moment made all those people in the cafe look at her with bizarre expression. I was reading a beautiful article about Mr. Sachin Tendulkar, which someone had shared on my Whatsaap. All throughout my life, I have been a die hard Sachin Fan.   I looked up. She was standing right there in front of me, somehow managing to assemble the tons of shopping bag she carried with her. It was our third meet, in the same Santosh cafe.  We were supposed to meet at 5:00 pm, but as I looked at my watch it was almost six. “You are loud” I said, trying to escape the embarrassment. She gave me a tough gesture of how stupid it was of me to not stand up and help her with her bags. I was about to stand u...