(Part 2)
This chapter has been written by my friend Drashti Wani. Thank you so much Drashti for this. I had no idea this can be lead somewhere. Now I'm working to the third and the final installment.
to view the first chapter click here.
This chapter has been written by my friend Drashti Wani. Thank you so much Drashti for this. I had no idea this can be lead somewhere. Now I'm working to the third and the final installment.
to view the first chapter click here.
“I am sorry I am late”, she busted out, for
a moment made all those people in the cafe look at her with bizarre expression.
I was reading a beautiful article about Mr. Sachin Tendulkar, which someone had
shared on my Whatsaap. All throughout my life, I have been a die hard Sachin
Fan.
I looked up. She was standing right there
in front of me, somehow managing to assemble the tons of shopping bag she
carried with her. It was our third meet, in the same Santosh cafe. We were supposed to meet at 5:00 pm, but as I
looked at my watch it was almost six. “You are loud” I said, trying to escape
the embarrassment. She gave me a tough gesture of how stupid it was of me to
not stand up and help her with her bags. I was about to stand up, when my eyes
clashed the sight of her beauty. No sooner did I realize that today she was in
a traditional salwar kamiz. Her beautiful, long black hair was as if playing on
her face. She wore a red lipstick today, looking absolutely stunning and
tempting. The black eye-liner and mascara on her eyes just added to her beauty.
For a moment, a drip of nervousness went down me. I was unable to believe the
fact that I was out for a coffee with such a beautiful lady. While all these absurd thoughts coming out one
by one in my mind, I noticed her waving her hands in front of my sweaty face.
“Where are you? She exclaimed.
“You know I was out with my elder sister
Priya. She got engaged last week, and we were out shopping for her wedding.
She is getting married on 31st of this month. You know, I am so
excited for her wedding. All my
childhood, I have been waiting for her wedding.” She kept going on and on about
how much she loved her sister and how emotionally she is going to face
difficulties, when her sister is gone after marriage. I just kept staring at
her face. She was exquisite. And all the more, I had never seen her so happy
and talkative before. May be she really was very happy and excited for her
sister’s marriage. What more would I want, but to see her happy.
Neha was born and brought up in Delhi. In
the piece of paper she left me in the train a month ago, she mentioned nothing
more, but –It was nice talking to you.
You seem to be a like a really nice guy. We can continue to be friends. When you are up with
nothing, maybe we can hang out and talk!.
And she had left her phone number.
Today, I met her for the third time. We had coffee together and a short chat,
as she was running late to get home. On the basis of my past experiences, I did
admit myself, that the day I meet her, I
feel like I am the happiest person on this earth.
It was 17th November today. A
Wednesday. I hate Wednesdays. This hypocritical statement does have a history
and reason behind it. I felt the need to mention this because, today was
different from my usual Wednesdays. I had met Neha today. While I was walking
back to my hostel, the glimpses of her beautiful face, and grace came in as a
flash back in my mind. I was obsessed with her, although I never admitted it. I
entered my hostel room, and reality clicked back to me. My room was a sheer
mess. I was supposed to clean my room today. I started off with it and made
myself some Maggie.
It was midnight. I was watching the
highlights of India’s test match with Australia. All of a sudden, my phone
ringed.
Comments
Post a Comment