Skip to main content

Preoccupied state of mind

Well, it's harmless to write a love letter for a friend, so that he can give it to his girlfriend on their anniversary. Right?
And since I really liked what I wrote, I am sharing it on my blog here. 


I never thought I could be romantic someday. Romance in the literary world does not necessarily mean affection towards the opposite or the same sex in a lovey-dovey manner. It could be about anyone from your mother to your sister and from the girl living next door to your favourite class teacher. So the point here I am making is that love does not necessarily be like Nicholas Sparks writes where the protagonist goes through all sorts of adventures like staring the girl and almost scrutinizing her or sometimes stalking her to know the smallest detail about her life such as what she likes and what she doesn’t just to impress her with the fact that he knows stuff about her more than anyone else she could think of ; which in the end of the day, would sweep her off her feet and make her fall in love with him.
Nicholas Sparks is a good writer. A really good writer I must say. So good that I've never read any of his novels except “The Choice”; but I still like him, contradictory to people who have read everything he has ever written and adore him.  The book is nothing but a really simple story of an extraordinary yet ordinary man who slowly falls in love with his new neighbour. I know the plot is clichéd and we have watched plenty of movies with similar storylines but sometimes I like clichés. I like them because once in a while I like to know what’s coming ahead and to be able to brace myself and face it even if whatever that is coming is not going to be good. Clichés have this tendency of making you believe that ‘it’s going to be good in the end’ and the best part is that they make you wanna be loyal to them.

I will like to come back to the point. See the point here I am making is that I want to write something for this girl I met exactly five months ago. I have been trying to write something but I couldn’t. The title should answer why.
My romance is strictly about this girl and just like the way Nicholas Sparks writes. For starters, like everyone would have recommended me to do is writing about how we met and how things got to the way they are at this moment that I could not suppress my love for her and had to write this down. After all, keeping your feelings to yourself is not an area a clinical psychologist or my psychology professor will advise me to venture in. See! I have a reason now!
Sorry! I am again drifting away from the topic because of my preoccupied state of mind for which I would have to blame her. She is so exquisitely beautiful; her smile- a splendour, her eyes - an ocean of hopes and her lips being the ones you’d like on yours, that I can’t stop thinking about her. This is the preoccupied state of mind I am talking about, which, from time to time, basically every five minutes, makes me imagine myself doing nothing but watching her all day when she flaunts her smile and then when she will smile, she'll blush; I bet she will.

The day I asked her out was 31st December 2014. “Who asks a girl out on 31st?! You won’t even get to celebrate your month anniversaries every month!”, one of my friends said. Wow. Who would have thought this through? I don't remember why I did it on 31st! But it just seemed perfect. We were dancing under the cloak of stars with the wind in our hair. My hand was on her waist and her face buried into my chest and I just felt that I had to. She looked so beautiful that night.

She said yes and that’s it. For the next fifteen minutes she couldn't do anything but smile. That night after going home, she called me and complained that her cheeks are hurting because she couldn't stop smiling all the way back. She still can't whenever I say that I love her.

There are many kinds of people in the world that I have been running from. But the girl I am talking about here is unlike all of them. She is simple yet different. She has the same weird fetishes like everyone else’s but she is one person I don’t find weird ‘because she is like everyone else’. Maybe she is like everyone or maybe she isn’t. She is the voiceless whisper I hear before I go to sleep and when I wake up and all other parts of the day. She is the face I see every night in my dreams and when I am singing the song we danced on the other night. I love her.

Our story is very simple and uncomplicated yet unconventional. We don't go out on dates every weekend. Sitting in coffee shops or going for movies is still not something we usually do. We hardly meet for weeks but then when we see each other’s faces after so long (sometimes months), it’s beautiful. You see I do not use this word often – beautiful. More often than not, I say ‘awesome’. It’s for when I have nothing else to say. But the times and people for whom I use ‘beautiful’, I always mean it.

A week ago I had no clue what should I write about her. Trust me, I still don’t. All that I’ve written is not so great because the words above are just my stars that I have tried to fathom into constellations.

“Why can't life, be somewhere between your chin and your bosom? That’s the life I would ask for. Where my hand is around your waist, gripping you, knocking out your fears and my breath is taken away by yours and your eyes look into mine, telling me that the world is still a wonderful place to live and that we don't need to go to the moon to say that we love each other. There, right there, shall we become infinite. And at that moment, I would like to kiss you.’’


There is so much more in my mind that I can’t pen. You'd have to look into her eyes when she reads this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 days which changed my life

vedang96@gmail.com It was sometime around August when i learned that I've been selected ; Yessssssss! Selected and won  a scholarship to Japan. Blood was running in my veins at the speed of a Japanese bullet train. So here is how all this happened. Scene 1 : I knew about AFS since long. Its a non-profitable organization promoting world peace and friendship which sends, every year, Indian students to countries like the USA, France, Japan, Germany and Italy. It also hosts foreign students from these countries and helps these students get an idea of the Indian culture. Thus, every exchange student learns a lot about the country he/she is staying in and tells his/her fellows about his/her own country. I have friends who went to one or the other country for 10 or  6 or 1 month(s) exchange programs. One of them also went for 15 days short term program to Japan. All of them; Changed; Before and after; Huge change in their personalities; Definitely positive. So, ...

Education- The only solution.

Every week I hear or read about a girl raped in some remote part of the country. Which is followed by people protesting in front of the parliament house or any other place for justice. After few days, the government, under political pressure, will make promises or commitments to the country which are a complete hokum. Talking about a recent incident, a 5 year old girl was raped in New Delhi by a somewhat 22 year old guy. The sentence itself is horrifying! Touch-wood the girl is out of danger now. This is just a case that has been reported. There are numerous other cases of sexual harassment which aren't even brought up due to some orthodox mentality of people. The question ahead of us is 'WHY?' The answer is sex-education. Yes. Remember last time you were watching TV with your family and just then a 'condom' commercial poped up and the whole family starts searching for the remote control ; embarrassed. Unlike west, sex is a totally alien thin...

And there she was...again

(Part 2) This chapter has been written by my friend Drashti Wani. Thank you so much Drashti for this. I had no idea this can be lead somewhere. Now I'm working to the third and the final installment. to view the first chapter click here. “I am sorry I am late”, she busted out, for a moment made all those people in the cafe look at her with bizarre expression. I was reading a beautiful article about Mr. Sachin Tendulkar, which someone had shared on my Whatsaap. All throughout my life, I have been a die hard Sachin Fan.   I looked up. She was standing right there in front of me, somehow managing to assemble the tons of shopping bag she carried with her. It was our third meet, in the same Santosh cafe.  We were supposed to meet at 5:00 pm, but as I looked at my watch it was almost six. “You are loud” I said, trying to escape the embarrassment. She gave me a tough gesture of how stupid it was of me to not stand up and help her with her bags. I was about to stand u...