Skip to main content

The only perfect thing...



We all have friends. Some have some. I have many. And by many friends, I literally mean many many friends. I can even make a list of top ten best friends in my life. But when it comes to naming the one, I never talk straight.

I have tried more than a few times to write about this friend of mine but never came through writing anything more than 'I love you and you're the best person I've met in my life' . Why is it that only when a person is not around us, we fathom what impact they had on our lives. I guess somewhere we know. We just never express it because they're our best friends. They already know.

She was in the same class . We spent a whole year as acquaintances. She knew my name is Vedang and I knew hers. I knew she went to the US and she knew I went to Japan. That's all. Who would have thought we could have such a beautiful friendship and
kizuna between us?

So back when we started hanging out, we hardly knew each other. And now there is almost nothing that we don't know about each other. The 'angry' face , the 'I love AFS' face, the 'I want to travel the whole world' face and the 'I have to diet' face. I have seen it all. We share same passions, same inhibitions and same ideas. The only thing different is that I dream, but she does. I speak of how wondrous life is while she tries to make it wonderful. While I'm dreaming of the skies, she puts her feet firm on the ground to be able to hold the dreams and while I'm crying at the airport because we have to part, she talks about how amazing would it be to hug when we meet after I don't know how many days!
I make mess, She cleans it. I shout, she shuts me up. I make mistakes, she covers. I can't find enough ways to elucidate.


Yeah yeah. I'm an eccentric. I'm going haywire. But if I know my target audience, which I do ; I'm pretty sure she is smiling right now.


Happy Birthday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 days which changed my life

vedang96@gmail.com It was sometime around August when i learned that I've been selected ; Yessssssss! Selected and won  a scholarship to Japan. Blood was running in my veins at the speed of a Japanese bullet train. So here is how all this happened. Scene 1 : I knew about AFS since long. Its a non-profitable organization promoting world peace and friendship which sends, every year, Indian students to countries like the USA, France, Japan, Germany and Italy. It also hosts foreign students from these countries and helps these students get an idea of the Indian culture. Thus, every exchange student learns a lot about the country he/she is staying in and tells his/her fellows about his/her own country. I have friends who went to one or the other country for 10 or  6 or 1 month(s) exchange programs. One of them also went for 15 days short term program to Japan. All of them; Changed; Before and after; Huge change in their personalities; Definitely positive. So, ...

Education- The only solution.

Every week I hear or read about a girl raped in some remote part of the country. Which is followed by people protesting in front of the parliament house or any other place for justice. After few days, the government, under political pressure, will make promises or commitments to the country which are a complete hokum. Talking about a recent incident, a 5 year old girl was raped in New Delhi by a somewhat 22 year old guy. The sentence itself is horrifying! Touch-wood the girl is out of danger now. This is just a case that has been reported. There are numerous other cases of sexual harassment which aren't even brought up due to some orthodox mentality of people. The question ahead of us is 'WHY?' The answer is sex-education. Yes. Remember last time you were watching TV with your family and just then a 'condom' commercial poped up and the whole family starts searching for the remote control ; embarrassed. Unlike west, sex is a totally alien thin...

And there she was...again

(Part 2) This chapter has been written by my friend Drashti Wani. Thank you so much Drashti for this. I had no idea this can be lead somewhere. Now I'm working to the third and the final installment. to view the first chapter click here. “I am sorry I am late”, she busted out, for a moment made all those people in the cafe look at her with bizarre expression. I was reading a beautiful article about Mr. Sachin Tendulkar, which someone had shared on my Whatsaap. All throughout my life, I have been a die hard Sachin Fan.   I looked up. She was standing right there in front of me, somehow managing to assemble the tons of shopping bag she carried with her. It was our third meet, in the same Santosh cafe.  We were supposed to meet at 5:00 pm, but as I looked at my watch it was almost six. “You are loud” I said, trying to escape the embarrassment. She gave me a tough gesture of how stupid it was of me to not stand up and help her with her bags. I was about to stand u...