Skip to main content

And there she was...


The railway station was bustling as usual. Coolies in their everyday red shirt and white bottoms, gathered around me offering or literally begging to help me lift the thirty pound bag pack I was carrying.
I carried heavy bags all around Japan just like that! Strong shoulders I have, I thought, turning all of them down, flaunting my imaginary biceps.
As soon as the train arrived, people started running here and there lifting their bags and suitcases, pushing me over as if it was the last train available and they’d die if they don’t catch it! Huh!


I always have and will keep hating the sun. Okay so what it gives us life? It also ensures to take it away by harassing us with the 40 degree Celsius temperature; which is why I prefer travelling in the early mornings if using public transport. But I am not the only smart guy in the world who fancies travelling in mornings. There are other people.  Too many people. The train was packed. Like a subway sandwich; veggies almost coming out but just instead of veggies, there were people almost coming out!

I was sitting in the first class compartment. Sitting next to me were three ladies. One was Hindu, carrying a photograph of Lord Rama. Next to her was a Muslim, which was clearly evident by the way she dressed. The third one I think was a lesbian. Damn she won’t stop staring at both two women’s breast all the time! Or maybe she was staring at their necklaces. Sorry for getting judgmental.
To my front was a man aged anywhere between fifty to sixty but thinking himself to be of thirty. Die hard Shah Rukh Khan fan I must say! : P He dyed his hair black but forgot to dye his facial hair. I felt as if I’m watching a black and white movie.


Having hardly slept due to the excitement of travelling, my eyes looked like inflated red balloons. Swelling like anything, almost screaming out loud asking me to sleep. But how could I? My otherwise rocking life was about to hit a speed breaker. A girl.

I was going to New Delhi which was the last stop. Almost everyone around me were going to Jaiselmer to attend some local festival kind of a thing reaching which, then at around six in the evening, half the train went empty.
Just when the train started to move, a girl in a yellow colored shirt and navy blue jeans entered my compartment and sat across me on the window seat. One look and I was paralyzed. Dark hair, deep brown eyes and a smile so exquisite that it was impossible to lay eyes off her. Sensing me staring at her, she smiled and introduced herself and tried to break the ice by asking me where I was going. So mesmerized that I almost forgot my senses and did not reply for a while.  I could smell her cologne but apparently couldn't hear what she was saying. Dumb-ass, I know.

But soon I regained my senses and started a conversation. Her name was Neha, first year architecture student in Noida. During the 8 hours we spent, I was simply listening to what she was saying. You know some people seem to be of completely different species, like born in a different world that you have never even caught a glimpse of. We seem to get along with them so fast and so well. It’s like all we have been pursuing, all those dreams and all those aspirations seem so petite and insignificant against that person. You don’t want to do anything but to stay with them forever because that is what which gives you the feeling of deepest ecstasy and content.

We chatted till 2 am and then fell asleep.
­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________________________
It was 5.30 am. Bright rays of sun left the whole compartment dazzling and awakened me up with a smile. She was the reason behind that smile. I stretched myself up to look at the most beautiful face in the world but she was found to be nowhere and I knew, she had left. 



____________________________________________________


It was about 10.30 am. The train arrived at Delhi and I started to assemble my stuff. The whole compartment was empty except me and that black and white man. I stepped down, was walking my way and just then my life hit a speed breaker again. Someone was calling out my name from behind. It was the same black and white man screaming and asking me to stop. He came to me and handed me a piece of paper he found on Neha’s seat and asked if it was mine. I saw it said yes. She had written her feelings for me. Oh yes.
I won’t get into the details but in the post subscription was written her phone number and address.





I am off to Noida Architecture Institute.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 days which changed my life

vedang96@gmail.com It was sometime around August when i learned that I've been selected ; Yessssssss! Selected and won  a scholarship to Japan. Blood was running in my veins at the speed of a Japanese bullet train. So here is how all this happened. Scene 1 : I knew about AFS since long. Its a non-profitable organization promoting world peace and friendship which sends, every year, Indian students to countries like the USA, France, Japan, Germany and Italy. It also hosts foreign students from these countries and helps these students get an idea of the Indian culture. Thus, every exchange student learns a lot about the country he/she is staying in and tells his/her fellows about his/her own country. I have friends who went to one or the other country for 10 or  6 or 1 month(s) exchange programs. One of them also went for 15 days short term program to Japan. All of them; Changed; Before and after; Huge change in their personalities; Definitely positive. So, ...

Education- The only solution.

Every week I hear or read about a girl raped in some remote part of the country. Which is followed by people protesting in front of the parliament house or any other place for justice. After few days, the government, under political pressure, will make promises or commitments to the country which are a complete hokum. Talking about a recent incident, a 5 year old girl was raped in New Delhi by a somewhat 22 year old guy. The sentence itself is horrifying! Touch-wood the girl is out of danger now. This is just a case that has been reported. There are numerous other cases of sexual harassment which aren't even brought up due to some orthodox mentality of people. The question ahead of us is 'WHY?' The answer is sex-education. Yes. Remember last time you were watching TV with your family and just then a 'condom' commercial poped up and the whole family starts searching for the remote control ; embarrassed. Unlike west, sex is a totally alien thin...

And there she was...again

(Part 2) This chapter has been written by my friend Drashti Wani. Thank you so much Drashti for this. I had no idea this can be lead somewhere. Now I'm working to the third and the final installment. to view the first chapter click here. “I am sorry I am late”, she busted out, for a moment made all those people in the cafe look at her with bizarre expression. I was reading a beautiful article about Mr. Sachin Tendulkar, which someone had shared on my Whatsaap. All throughout my life, I have been a die hard Sachin Fan.   I looked up. She was standing right there in front of me, somehow managing to assemble the tons of shopping bag she carried with her. It was our third meet, in the same Santosh cafe.  We were supposed to meet at 5:00 pm, but as I looked at my watch it was almost six. “You are loud” I said, trying to escape the embarrassment. She gave me a tough gesture of how stupid it was of me to not stand up and help her with her bags. I was about to stand u...